My Blog List

Saturday 4 September 2010

Rain Check Before Starting - am I Anti Risk?

Faceless Bureaucrat:  As a Faceless Bureaucrat I gravitate towards the safe options.  Being in the NHS (National Health Service for readers outside the UK) I've had over 20 years of being contained and institutionalised. Any move made to improve health care goes through numerous layers of hierarchy, at least one of which is likely to take issue with the idea - even if it's on the notion that this means change which equals risk. And we don't do risk.

So why do I think there may be Bad Assed Trader potential within me? Because I feel frustration from that containment.  It's not that I want to take risks heedlessly but I'm prepared to manage them.  I'd like to reclaim my sense of personal responsibility.

If you're anti risk then I'm not the girl for you.  Read no further.  But if you have a bit more ooomph, like to make things happen, then maybe you'd like to sit alongside me on this journey. Because it is going to happen.

1 comment:

  1. I like the thought of there being two parts to you, one pulling you towards Anti-Risk and another that is the Bad-Assed part, making you crave the risk.
    Niiiice :)

    www.rubyccino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete