My Blog List

Friday 3 September 2010

The Beginning

Faceless Bureaucrat: So what do you plan to do with your redundancy, sorry, MARS cheque? Fantasising about the holidays/new car/new consultancy business?  Or just early retirement? And your lump sum will earn what percentage interest rate exactly as it gently ebbs away?

Yes, I thought so...but we're NHS managers, we don't think about stuff like that do we? We picked a career to Make a Difference and if it happened to have great job security and actually a pretty good salary, well that was just an added bonus wasn't it? But money isn't what motivates us.  We are the Pure Ones - even though everyone else sees us as low life on a par with estate agents and traffic wardens.

But now the Big Wide World beckons.  Put down that comfort blanket and get real.  You're on your own now.  Prepare to enter the Waste Land that once was the Private Sector or think of something better.

Yep, that's exactly what I thought.  What is there that's better?  And that's when I came across the notion of Trading......

2 comments:

  1. To Anonymous.
    I like the blog so far espcially the fact you explained what MARS is on your blog when I was about to ask it.
    I am following.

    www.rubyccino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rubyccino, great to have a follower!

    ReplyDelete