My Blog List

Friday 28 January 2011

Coaches come in threes

Faceless Bureaucrat:  They say buses come in threes but I've now discovered coaches do too.  I can't believe I'm in the situation where I have three coaches, all at once.

My coaches don't have wheels of course, they are all young (23-35), male and all of them are really amazing.  A generation ago it would never have happened,to a woman of my years (no I'm not telling, but I have a married daughter!  I was barely out of nappies when I had her though...).  Indeed, a woman of my years being coached in three different areas of her life by three fab young men.  I can't believe it.  And I have seen all three of them in the last two days.

So how did it happen?  Well the first one I collected is my personal trainer in the gym, Chris.  He's been my coach for the last 2 years and his is the thankless task of helping me win the battle of the bulge.  He's my youngest coach at 23 and is, obviously, very fit.  In a health and wellbeing sort of way of course.

My next coach - and here I slip into Bad Assed Trader, if I can put it like that - is Emmanuel, my Forex trading coach.  Emmanuel (30 years old very soon I understand, very tall, very dark and very...) has coached me for a few sessions now and has been incredible at keeping me motivated, helping me to believe I can crack this trading lark.  He helps me see the error of my ways when, as we go over my trades, we see little bits of evidence of me making trades, or jumping in too soon etc etc.  Not only is he himself an experienced and successful trader but he reads interesting books on philosophy, psychology and sociology.  He reads Nietzsche, recommended "The Road Less Travelled" to me (I read it 30 years ago but I only told him 20...) and is now reading a book I gave him "I'm OK, you're OK".

My third coach - and now I'm back into Faceless Bureaucrat mode - is my most recent acquisition.  His name is Ciaran (Irish in case you didn't know) and he's the more mature coach at 35 (I am guessing here - well actually I asked my boss to guess and that's what she reckoned, I'm crap at ages).  Ciaran is the only one I'm not paying through one route or another.  Well I suppose I am in a way, through taxes and through losing my job.  Because it's as a result of the impending redundancy that I have been given, by my employer two coaching sessions with Ciaran who is highly trained and experienced and works for Hays Management Consultancy.  He's helping me to plan my next steps.  We had our first session yesterday and he was just great.

In my usual spirit of openness and honesty I did share everything with him, my desire to hang on until September before being made redundant, but at that point the P45 would be very welcome.  He was very excited about me trading Fx and helped me with lots of ideas as to how to extend my employment just that little bit longer.  He is definitely in cahoots with me, which is just how it should be.

So.  With all this coaching am I making progress?  I believe I am turning a corner.  Whether that's in getting the washboard stomach, a new job or hitting the big time with Fx....you will have to find out next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment