My Blog List

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Mixed bag

Bad Assed Trader: Well yes, Xstrata did of course do exactly as I predicted and currently stands at 1417, a full 174 points up.  My consolation is that I predicted the move, even though I'm not profiting from it!

So what about my other trades?  The bad news first.  IG group went up a bit so the trade kicked in, but after a few days it sloughed back down and as I'd moved my stop loss up rather cautiously it has pipped me out for a small loss - about a third of one percent.

Worse still, the Derwent trade bombed and I had added to my position a little when it looked promising, moving my stop loss up on the first trade to reduce my risk, but sadly it dropped and took me out for just over 1% loss.

But the good news is that I'm still in my Bodycote trade which now stands at 278 (up 11 points) which translates into £79 in my profit/loss account (over half a percent).  Even better, good old Dominos pizza has steadily increased and is currently up to 515 which is a rise of 50 points and has so far put £347 into my P/L account.  Now this isn't over and it could suddenly drop, but my stop loss is tucked right up at 513 so if it starts to drop I'll be out of the trade with most of that profit netted - over 2.5%.

All in all I reckon that makes me up on the trades so far, but I can't say that until the money is banked.

And what I can say is that this is jolly good fun, Bad Assed Trader is pleased to be on the grid....

No comments:

Post a Comment