My Blog List

Friday 12 November 2010

And the final results were....

Bad Assed Trader:  So my first group of trades have now concluded, all profits and losses netted off and the results are in.

Bodycote dropped from the 70 odd quid and ended up being stopped out for a loss of just under £40.
IG took me out for a £46 loss
Derwent lost me about £170

So that's £256 down.
But Dominos, bless their cotton socks, brought in £323 - so I'm up £67 on those 4 trades.

I'd like to say that's my conclusion and let you all think that I'm already winning, but I'm too honest for that.

If you're faint hearted then look away now...

On Sunday evening, after my last blog I slipped a trade on Aggreko (still following all my rules I hasten to add) which went up a bit and then went down and stopped me out for my full 1%.  Even worse - it entered me above my planned entry so I ended up losing a smidgen more than my 1%.  All in all, I'm down £73 on those 5 trades.

But hey, I'm learning, that's the point isn't it?

And more excitingly, I've had an introductory course in Forex (Foreign Exchange, or Fx) trading which looks like much more fun - so much faster moving.  There are lot of common principles but some differences too.  More on Fx later as I start to get to grips with it.

Now I know you'll be thinking something like "Shouldn't she get to grips with the stocks and shares first before she plunges into a market with a 3 trillion dollars a day liquidity?" (you were thinking that weren't you??).  Nah!  I'm a bad assed trader, I'm not going to miss the chance to take part in the biggest market in the universe (to my knowledge).

So I'll be analysing some stuff on the weekend and hope to update you again soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment