My Blog List

Sunday 31 October 2010

On a Roll...

Bad Assed Trader:  Buoyed by my early success I have scoured the sectors and stocks and, still maintaining my exacting standards for spotting a trade, have managed to find four more. Well, five really.  I forgot to mention that I placed a trade on Derwent (a "real estate" company in the FTSE 250 - I will only be trading with the top 250 stocks as they have the volume needed to behave relatively predictably).

My order to buy Derwent kicked in at the tail end of Friday so I will let you know how that goes later this week.

In the meantime Bad Assed Trader has placed orders to buy:

Britvic (beverages - mmm orange juice) at 487
Bodycote (industrial engineering - smacks of big strapping chaps...) at 267.8
IG Group (financial services - hmmm) at 534
Xstrata (mining - may be a bit risky the way commodity prices are falling at present apparently) at 1243.5

To manage my risk I am only risking 1/2% - one half a percent - on each of these trades, so if they all go badly wrong I'm unlikely to lose more than 2% of my trading capital in total. Even Bad Assed Trader understands that managing risk is paramount in trading.  They all look good to go - all bouncing off that 50 Moving Average line etc and trending up, but you never know what could happen.  Georgie boy (our distinguished chancellor) could say something to blow them all out of the water - it doesn't take much in these shaky markets to send the investors into a panic.

And the next piece of exciting news....I'll be learning Forex trading tomorrow and Tuesday so hopefully new markets will open their arms to me and tell me there's room for just one more wafer thin Bad Assed Trader....

2 comments:

  1. what do the numbers like 267.8 mean?
    www.rubyccino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Ruby, thanks for the question. The numbers are the price of the shares of the company. Hope that makes better sense now...? B.A.T

    ReplyDelete