My Blog List

Sunday 2 October 2011

Faceless Bureaucrat bids a fond farewell

Faceless Bureaucrat:  It is time I drew the curtain because the end has now come.  Faceless Bureaucrat has left the building.  As of yesterday I am no longer employed by the NHS, my only connection with the institution being that I am obliged to continue to look for suitable alternative NHS employment for a month and then am eligible to claim my redundancy cheque.

I now hand over fully to Bad Assed Trader to continue this blog with the passion for trading she has developed over the year.  I say to her:

"Our financial future rests now with you my girl.  I've done my bit, brought in the income to pay for your training and to support you for the first year.  I've even managed to secure redundancy to support you for longer whilst you steady yourself on your feet.  Hopefully you'll get your balance sufficiently early that you can put some of this redundancy cheque into the trading account and make an income with it.

"The time has come to fully shed the bureaucratic mindset, the institutionalised boundaries limiting your hopes and dreams.  I've tried to dent the universe for the better in my own bureaucrat way but it's been frustrating and limiting to say the least.  So now it's your turn. You are now in full control my girl.  There is no-one to stop you succeeding but yourself.  No-one to stop you failing but yourself.  You wanted complete responsibility for the outcome of your efforts, you wanted the chance to express yourself without inhibition, here it is.  Complete and unabridged, in the form of trading.

"I have faith in you.  So go on, step up to the plate and show us all what you're made of.  Find and exorcise your demons, find and nourish your angels.  I know you're not motivated by money alone.  I know your plan is to use money wisely and contribute to the greater good - so start making it girl!"

1 comment: